There are different ways to share Yeshua with Jews. One is to point how Yeshua is in the Torah with the prophetic types and symbolism pointing to Him. Another is to point out that there are
over 300 prophecies of the Messiah fulfilled in Yeshua. This is a statistical impossibility to happen by mere chance.
Another way to share that Yeshua was the Messiah with Jews is to point out that there are several appearances of God revealing Himself in person to different people in the Bible.
Bible scholar in residence for Logos Bible Software points out the following observations:
“There are two Yahweh figures in Old Testament thinking— one invisible, the other visible and human in form. Judaism before the first century, the time of Jesus, knew this teaching. That’s why ancient Jewish theology once embraced two Yahweh figures (the “two powers”). 6 But once this teaching came to involve the risen Jesus of Nazareth, Judaism could no longer tolerate it.”
Heiser, Michael S. (2015-09-01). The Unseen Realm: Recovering the Supernatural Worldview of the Bible (Kindle Locations 3183-3187). Lexham Press. Kindle Edition.
“Manifestation of God that is tangible to the human senses. In its most restrictive sense, it is a visible appearance of God in the Old Testament period often, but not always, in human form.
Some would also include in this term Christophanies (preincarnate appearances of Christ) and angelophanies (appearances of angels). “
Deuteronomy 6:4 CJB “Sh’ma, Yisra’el! Adonai Eloheinu, Adonai echad [Hear, Isra’el! Adonai our
God, Adonai is one];
-One in unity. Yeshua quotes this verse in Mark 12.
Lev 26:12-13 CJB but I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be my people. (13) I am Adonai your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, so that you would not be their
slaves. I have broken the bars of your yoke, so that you can walk upright.
– Adonai appeared to Abraham in the Abrahamic Covenant (Genesis 12:7-9)
– Adonai re-appeared to Abraham (Genesis 17:1)
– Adonai appeared to Abraham on the plains of Mamre on the way to destroy Sodom
– Adonai appeared to Hagar (Genesis 16:7-11)
– Adonai appeared to Isaac (Genesis 26:1-5)
– Adonai appeared to Jacob (Genesis 28:13) Recalled in (Genesis 31:13)
– Adonai wrestled with Jacob (Genesis 32:25-30) Recalled in (Genesis 48:3)Confirmed by
– Adonai appeared to Moses in the burning bush (Exodus 3:2)
– Adonai appeared to Joshua (Joshua 5:13-14) Recalled in (Judges 2:1)
– Adonai appeared to Gideon (Judges 6:11-12)
– Adonai appeared to Moses alone on the mountain ( Exod 19:20 ; 33:18-34:8 )
– Adonai appeared to Moses, Aaron and the 70 elders (Exodus 24)
– Adonai appears to Balaam (Numbers 22:23)
– Adonai appeared to Manoah and his wife – the parents of Samson (Judges 13)
– The Spirit of Adonai fell on David when he was anointed (1 Samuel 16:13)
John 8:58-59 – Yeshua said “That was me”
8:58-59 CJB Yeshua said to them, “Yes, indeed! Before Avraham came into being, I AM!” (59) At this, they picked up stones to throw at him; but Yeshua was hidden and left the Temple grounds.
While many of these instances are referred to as “The Angel of the Lord”, it’s important to note that the “Angel of the Lord” is not mentioned in the New Testament after the birth of Yeshua.